Massively Scalable, Advanced Photovoltaic Manufacturing
EMC’s solar cell printing model is a unique fusion of existing production lines and mature processes from exclusive roll-to-roll industry leaders, and EMC’s intellectual property for printing high performance perovskite solar cell technology.
EMC’s solution-based printing provides significant advantage compared to traditional semiconductor-based solar silicon photovoltaic manufacturing. These include:
- Eliminates exorbitant CapEx cost
- Consumes less solar cell materials (1 micron thick solar cell compared to a 170micron silicon wafer)
- Has small factory footprint; all production can be under one roof
- Exponentially reduces processing steps
- Mitigates large environmental impacts
- Provide predictable supply of product
Green Field Factory CapEx Advantage
For solar to meet 20% of global energy by 2050, new PV module manufacturing capacity must grow at least 5x – 10x by 2040 or sooner. In order to meet this timeline, the CapEx to build manufacturing capacity requires highly favorable capital intensity and rapid new greenfield factory building capability.