Position Title: Electromechanical Equipment Technician
Location: Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Type: Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift, occasional weekend overtime
Reports to: Manufacturing Director
Hire Timeline: Immediate
The primary role of the Electromechanical Technician is to implement roll-to-roll process equipment in support of pilot operations for solar module manufacturing. The Technician assembles equipment components, checks connectivity, loads software, diagnoses and solves problems, and makes repairs.
- Responsible for machine startup, debug, calibration, control and verification.
- Test newly manufactured and assembled equipment consisting of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Use specialized measuring, diagnostic devices and standard and custom software to evaluate functionality and proper sequence of machine control systems to an established test procedure.
- Troubleshoot & support:
- A wide variety of automation technologies including: Web Handling and Converting Equipment; Robots, Printing (Pad / Screen / Offset / InkJet), Vision Systems, Electrical Testers, Labelers, & other finishing equipment.
- PLC controls with heavy emphasis on Mitsubishi PLC/HMI hardware and software.
- Work with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & identify improvements.
- Design, draw & dimension improvements to existing automation systems.
- Evaluate the system in a logical and systematic manner, making certain components have been installed correctly and are safe to operate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Electrical theory and practices, including testing sensors, switches, actuators, and indicators for proper function.
- Computer hardware maintenance methods and techniques and network connection.
- Basic understanding of NEC standards and state codes.
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and annotated PLC programs.
- Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components.
- Preferred: Experience with roll-to-roll process equipment including unwinding and winding, splicing, in-line printing and coating, laminating, and other web-based processes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- AAS degree in Engineering Technology or related, or similar apprenticeship training
- 2 years’ experience working as a mechanical or electrical technician.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Collaboration skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Project management