Inkjet Print Engineer
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a hands-on, self-motivated Inkjet Print Engineer to participate in technology development of thin film photovoltaic devices at our Rochester, NY facility. The position will support the commercialization of perovskite-based solar modules produced on high-speed roll-to-roll coating and printing equipment.
- Improve and optimize inkjet printing and curing of functional materials in an R&D setting
- Build a strong understanding of the interactions between ink, materials, printing, and photovoltaic performance
- Collaborate internally and with external vendors to identify and implement ink formulation improvements
- Ensure a smooth transition of inkjet processes from research to manufacturing
- Material and device testing
- Document tool performance and process procedures
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Creative “hands-on” experimental engineer with experience in microfluidics, and various inkjet printhead technologies.
- Expert in inkjet printing process/equipment development and transfer to manufacturing.
- Solid analytical and technical problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with inkjet ink formulation development would be a plus.
- Driven, hands-on individual with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field AND at least 5 years of hands-on lab experience in inkjet ink deposition, process development and troubleshooting
- 10 years of hands-on lab experience in inkjet ink deposition, process development and troubleshooting.