Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a Lab Technician to participate in technology development of thin film photovoltaic devices at our Rochester, NY facility. The position will support the commercialization of perovskite-base solar modules for production on high-speed roll-to-roll coating and printing equipment.
- Preparation of adhesive and sealant mechanical test samples in laboratory environment. Involves careful substrate preparation, dispensing and either oven curing or lamination.
- Assembly of solar module test devices involving adhesives, sealants, dispensing and vacuum lamination laboratory equipment.
- Device testing including use of a spectrophotometer, solar simulator, quantum efficiency tester and multimeters.
- Interaction with laboratory personnel as relates to mechanical and thermal analysis of test samples.
- Experience with design and build of mechanical fixturing would be very helpful.
- Accurate recording of test results.
- Keeps laboratory stocks of raw materials up to date.
- Maintain organization and clean work environment.
- Adhere to safe work practices with chemicals and process equipment.
- Supports other backend development initiatives as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Driven, hands-on individual with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degrees.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a laboratory.