Laser Development Technician
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift, occasional weekend overtime
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a Laser Development Technician to participate in the development of thin film photovoltaic devices at our Rochester, NY facility. This position will support development and optimization of laser processes. Primary duties include laser alignment, processing samples for planned experiments, device fabrication and testing, compiling and reviewing results with engineers.
- Executes planned experiments for development of laser processes.
- Efficiently and consistently operates scribing tool for device fabrication.
- Measures devices, collects data and participates in analysis.
- Recommends improvements to tools and processes.
- Supports electromechanical and LabVIEW software improvements to development tools.
- Supports laser installation, beam-alignment and process dial-in.
- Maintains high safety and housekeeping standards.
- Supports other backend development initiatives as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High competency in sample handling, preparation and measurement.
- Manual dexterity: wiring, using hand tools and manipulating small optomechanical components.
- Skilled using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
- Detail-oriented, organized and alert to their environment.
- Strong communication skills; ability to compile and present data in clear, concise manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Driven, hands-on individual with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary, multi-location team environment with ambitious goals and deadlines
- Basic knowledge of LabVIEW (preferred).
- Familiarity with Jmp or Origin (preferred).
- Basic understanding of the working principles of lasers/optics (preferred).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
High school diploma and two years as a technician in similar field, OR Bachelors in physics, engineering, or related field.