Manufacturing Quality Manager
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift, occasional weekend overtime
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a Manufacturing Quality Manager to participate in the development of thin film photovoltaic devices at our Rochester, NY facility. The primary role of the Manufacturing Quality Manager is to implement quality control, management and audit processes in support of stable, high-volume production.
- Design and implement a documented quality system for the organization.
- Implement methods to control, inspect, test, and evaluate products and production equipment.
- Work with process engineers to identify critical process parameters and process monitoring methods.
- Ensure that products adhere to quality standards. Assure root cause and corrective action for all problems.
- Drive continuous improvement on product quality and on the overall quality system.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Train production line staff in quality assurance principles and techniques.
- Perform detailed, documented inspections and tests of final products per company industry standards.
- Eliminate products that are not up to standards.
- Drive the organization toward formal quality system certification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of formal quality management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14000, ISO 19011, Baldrige excellence framework).
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic quality tools including pareto charts, flow charts, control charts, scatter diagrams and histograms.
- Knowledge of quality system processes including document control, change management, calibration, CAPA, RMA, and product identification / traceability.
- Must have strong measurement and statistical skills to ensure the proper use of statistical techniques, define sampling plans, evaluate data utilizing statistical tools, perform measurement systems analysis, analyze data for trends and patterns, and evaluate process variation, capability and reliability.
- Must have strong management skills to plan, lead, collaborate, delegate and control manufacturing processes.
- Must have strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite, Database software, electronic records systems and Statistical Analysis software. ERP system experience preferred.
- Must have ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment including multi-site team structures across geographies and boundaries.
- Possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of senior managers
- Preferred: knowledge of solar industry certification criteria (IEC 61215/61416, UL, CE, etc)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing a quality management system.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing management (quality manger or operations manager) role.
- ASQ certification (preferred)
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced technical skills.
- Analytical thinker.
- Excellent team rapport with all levels of the organization. Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate to both employees and management.
- Familiarity with process simulations and standard operating procedures.
- Familiarity with state health and safety regulations.