Photovoltaic Metrology Equipment Engineer
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a talented and passionate Photovoltaic Metrology Equipment Engineer to develop metrology equipment and strategies for thin film photovoltaic products at our Rochester, NY facility. This exciting position will support the commercialization of perovskite-based solar modules for production on high-speed roll-to-roll coating and printing equipment.
- Evaluate various off-the-shelf and custom-made photovoltaic testing and characterization equipment’s suitability for EMC’s photovoltaic products as a member of a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers, including partners at US National Labs, leading universities and both large corporations and small startup companies
- Test, validate, plan, develop and implement metrology solutions that help improve and maintain the performance of EMC’s high efficiency photovoltaic products
- Innovate and develop new photovoltaic and thin film metrology tools, techniques, and equipment for testing in both R&D and manufacturing settings
- Work closely with cross-functional team of scientists and engineers to implement strategies for process qualification and process parameter control leading to optimal photovoltaic and thin film properties
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent computer coding experience in Python, Matlab, LabView or similar programming languages
- Track record of innovation and in solving complex technical problems
- A good understanding of photovoltaic device physics and familiarity with solar cell/module fabrication methods
- Working knowledge of photovoltaic device characterization techniques such as optical and electrical approaches (i.e. us photoluminescence, transmission/reflectance, electroluminescence, quantum efficiency, current vs voltage etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, hands-on individual with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary, multi-location team environment with ambitious goas and deadlines
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
MSc Degree (PhD preferred) in physics, materials science, chemical, electronic & electrical, mechanical, computer engineering or a related discipline. Five or more years of metrology equipment development experience, preferable in an industrial setting.