Photovoltaic Metrology Equipment Technician
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a passionate Photovoltaic Metrology Equipment Technician to help develop metrology equipment and strategies for thin film photovoltaic products at our Rochester, NY facility. This position will support the commercialization of perovskite-based solar modules for production on high-speed roll-to-roll coating and printing equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, operate, and maintain various off-the-shelf and custom-made photovoltaic testing and characterization equipment.
- Help in the testing, validation, planning, development, and implementation of various metrology solutions that help improve and maintain the performance of EMC’s high efficiency photovoltaic products
- Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures of various equipment
- Provide scheduled and as-need equipment related trainings to select personnel
- Work closely with cross-functional team of scientists and engineers to implement strategies for process qualification and process parameter control leading to optimal photovoltaic and thin film properties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer coding skills in Python, Matlab, LabView or similar programming languages
- Understanding of photovoltaic device physics and familiarity with solar cell/module fabrication methods or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of optical and electrical photovoltaic device characterization techniques or willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn new skills and passionate about renewable energy in general and solar energy in particular
- Driven, hands-on individual with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary, multi-location team environment with ambitious goals and deadline
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
BSc Degree (MSc preferred) in physics, material science, chemical, electronic & electrical, mechanical, computer engineering or a related discipline. Two plus years of metrology equipment development experience, preferably in an industrial setting.