The Process Development Engineer (Laser) is a hands-on individual who supports the development of robust laser processes for R&D development and high-volume manufacturing in order to improve module performance and lower cost-per-watt.
REPORTS TO: Senior Process Development Engineer
LOCATION: Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
- Executes planned experiments for development of laser processes.
- Conducts studies to understand process windows and implied limits on manufacturing.
- Efficiently and consistently operates laser processing tool for photovoltaic device fabrication.
- Measures photovoltaic devices, collects data and participates in analysis.
- Engages in continuous improvement of process and R&D tools.
- Supports laser installation, beam-alignment, and other mechanical/electrical modifications to R&D tool.
- Supports transference of processes to pilot and manufacturing tools.
- Maintains high safety and housekeeping standards.
- Supports other solar module development initiatives as needed.
- Laser process development and module fabrication.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience and/or strong interest in R&D or pilot manufacturing setting.
- High competency in sample handling, preparation and measurement.
- Detail-oriented, organized and alert to their environment.
- Strong communication skills: ability to compile and present data in clear, concise manner.
- Self-driven, hands-on individual, capable of working in a cross-functional team environment with ambitious goals and deadlines.