Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing Operator
Eastman Business Park, Rochester, NY
None / minimal
Full time. Monday – Friday A-shift, occasional weekend overtime
Energy Materials Corporation is seeking a Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing Operator to participate in the development of thin film photovoltaic devices at our Rochester, NY facility. The primary role of the Manufacturing Operator is to operate roll-to-roll process equipment in support of prototype and pilot operations for solar module manufacturing. The Manufacturing Operator sets up the materials and equipment for each day’s scheduled runs, operates the equipment per instructions from engineers and technicians, moves materials to and from the machines, and prepares the machine for following runs.
- Operate roll-to-roll processing equipment, including coating, compositing, laser patterning, and laminating machines.
- Monitor meters, gauges, valves, temperatures, pressures and related controls to ensure adherence to process requirements.
- Clean and assemble/set-up machine hardware
- Set up and operate delivery system equipment (pumps, filters, valves, etc.)
- Operate roll-to-roll machines (unwind/convey/wind)
- Weigh out, dispense and mix bulk solutions
- Perform analytical tests on the solutions that have been made
- Assist technicians with break-fix and PM activities
- Clean process equipment and work area
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of roll-to-roll processing equipment including unwinding and winding, splicing, in-line printing and coating, laminating, and other web-based processes.
- Preferred – Knowledge and experience with one of more of the following: gravure coating; flexo printing; laser patterning; precision fill and cure; web cutting and splicing; film laminating.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with roll-to-roll processes.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic and good team player
- Good communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions correctly and carefully